Listen and learn from a twenty year veteran who made his fortune from betting sports. In this article, we explain how someone with little experience you can invest in Sports Betting and start making money without great knowledge.
Professional sports betting is different to investing in the stock exchange or currencies. In fact, it is totally independent of prevailing economic conditions and is recession proof. Before we get into the nitty gritty, we want you to switch your mind to the stock exchange for a comparison.
We can hopefully agree that a stock/currency comes with a fixed buy/sell price. And, while it fluctuates during the trading the day, their is just one price available to traders at any given time. Now consider Sports Betting and key factors which are going to put the ball in your court.
Most Bookmakers are independent of others. And, while many buy in data and odds from third party services, dynamics of risk management mean they should adjust odds in accordance with liability. Suffice to say, having the ability to pick and choose the best odds from a large number of bookmakers can give professionals a significant advantage.
With the aforementioned in mind, deep pockets and a large starting bank are a clear asset. Afterall, to fully optimise this opportunity you will need to open multiple betting accounts and feed them accordingly. We would suggest taking your betting bank into consideration, and then work out a plan.
With regards to choosing bookmakers, a lot could depend on your country of residence. We point that out has their are often regulatory restrictions, meaning you might be limited to betting with operators that are licensed in your country. If that’s the case, we would suggest you look at the local retail market (betting shops), because they often leave odds hanging. In any case, the more bookmakers you have access to, the better.
We would like to add lack of experience or betting experience isn’t necessarily a bad thing when it comes to professional betting, because quite simply your card isn’t marked. By that we mean bookmakers (especially European) won’t be stopping your accounts or lowering limits, which of course can be a big advantage.
Their are many ways to invest and win money from betting, and we will cover some of them in our tutorials and blogs. However, the secret is finding your own way, because every situation is unique.
Take into consideration the following ways of betting:
NO/LOW RISK - INVEST IN SPORTS BETTING
- ARBITRAGE - No risk whatsoever, since you only bet when you can wager all outcomes and guarantee a profit. The task is to identify arbitrage situations, and we would advise you to take the standout odds first. By that we mean the biggest value, and not the cover part!
- VALUE BETTING - Read our blog on using betting exchanges to identify value with other bookmakers. Betting under the one hundred percent book price will give you a long term advantage. And, while it’s not no risk, it’s low risk!
- MATCHED BETTING - We are not advocates of bookmaker bonus, but that’s because we don’t need it. However, it’s a form of discounted betting, and if used right it can guarantee profit.
- PART-TIME POSSIBLE - Work when you want with no need to quit your job or put financial constraints on betting. Bare in mind it will become tough when bookmakers identify what you are doing, so keep it quiet.
MEDIUM RISK - INVEST IN SPORTS BETTING
- COMBINATION OF ABOVE - Mixing lower risk with higher risk should speed up the process of making money and get you to the next level.
- STAKES MID SIZE - This shouldn’t be fun has you will need to be an aggressive bettor and risk increases. Staying focused and consistent is key.
- BUY-SOURCE TIPS + PICKS - Yes their are costs, but buying in information is worth it’s weight in gold. The fact is their are always others who will know more, so it’s not a bad thing to pay the right service.
• SHOULD BE PROGRESSIVE - At some stage you will be hoping to make the big league, so it should be progressive and you should keep building.
HIGH RISK - INVEST IN SPORTS BETTING
- BETTING - Find own high value bets, and build a team to obtain support. Obviously time and costs increase, so that’s part of the risk. Please note their is not such a thing has consistent profits and their are many swings.
- SPORTS MODELLING - Many betting syndicates use Sports modelling algorithms to identify betting value, and their is a big cost. Afterall, paying quantitative analysts costs a lot more than a game watcher, and you need more than one of them.
- FULL TIME COMMITMENT - It takes total dedication to build a profitable operation. Don’t even start if you believe this is a 9-5 job, because it’s anything but.
- BUY TO SELL - Identify what is considered to be wrong odds, and then sell them before kick off. To do that either use a betting exchange or bet contra if it’s an head to head bet.
- MAIN INCOME SOURCE - This will be your main source of income, so the pressure is on. Learn to cope with the ‘’ups & downs’’ by knowing you will always win long term if doing it right!
A few do’s and do not’s to give some food for thought.
- OPEN MANY HIGH VALUE BETTING ACCOUNTS
- HAVE A STRATEGY
- USE MONEY MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- MAKE A PLAN + STICK WITH IT
- USE AGENTS FOR THE BIG BETS OR WEAK BOOKIES IF ALLOWED
- KEEP IT LEGAL - STRUCTURE IN A COMPANY RESIDENCE IF NEEDED
- SOURCE PICKS AND INFORMATION WERE POSSIBLE
- IF YOU ARE SUPER KNOWLEDGABLE ABOUT A CERTAIN SPORT - SPECIALISE
- ACCEPT VEGAS/POOR ODDS OR BET BELOW VALUE
- PRETEND TO UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING - IT’S A LONG LEARNING PROCESS.
- EXCEED WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO OUTLAY.
- BET WHEN ODDS HAVE DISAPPEARED
- CHANGE PLAN WITHOUT A PROPER EVALUATION
- LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT PROVEN
We are experienced Betting Syndicate operators who have profited has a group for well over a decade. We are sharing these tutorials in the hope that some of you see the light and join the winning club!