Professional Gambling – Tips On Becoming A Pro. Do you have what it takes to become a full-time professional gambler? In this blog, we are going to discuss what you need to know!
PROFESSIONAL GAMBLING – TIPS ON BECOMING A PRO
TREAT BETTING AS A BUSINESS.
What betting professionals can learn from business people:
- Make a business plan! What you will need for your start-up, expectancy, and mapping of your journey.
- Betting money should be separated from private funds. When going full-time, pay yourself a salary.
- Think about the legalities and how you are going to stay ahead of the game.
- Suppliers! What materials do you need to succeed? Moreover, how are you going to get the best ROI.
- Gambling education. How are you going to evolve into becoming the best you can be.
UNDERSTAND IT IS ALL ABOUT THE ODDS (LINE SHOT)
Negotiate a price! In professional betting, it is your job to squeeze extra juice out of betting platforms. In short, the ability to track and obtain the highest odds is crucial. For example:
- Ask for higher odds on the betting exchanges. Every pip counts, and you are competing.
- Open multiple betting accounts. Shopping around with high-value bookmakers will give a hedge.
- If you are betting double chance or draw no bet, it might be possible to create higher odds by splitting the bet.
- Betting a win in football is the same as -0.5. Bookmakers often have different odds about the same option.
- Know when to bet. If all bookmakers have the same odds, wait for something to give. Timing your bet (Iceberging) is key.
ODDS THEFT – ARBITRAGE BETTING
Traditionally speaking, Bookmakers do not like arbitrage gamblers. Nevertheless, arbitrage players shouldn’t be concerned about the bookmaker’s feelings. However, they should be concerned about account closure. To be successful at arbitrage betting, take into consideration:
- Accounts get closed and limited quickly. With that in mind, it is crucial to get 3rd-party betting accounts.
- It is your job to extract as much as you can from each account, so figure out the algorithm.
- Betting on low-key leagues/sports is more problematic. Liquidity is lower, and chances are bets will be flagged.
- Using bots and placing hundreds of bets per day with the same (leisure) bookmaker will lead to closure.
- Keep it sensible! That means keeping the number of bets per account down and avoiding asking for the maximum.
VALUE BETTING – PROFESSIONAL GAMBLING – TIPS ON BECOMING A PRO
If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster! Nothing is guaranteed in betting, but by doing things right you will generate long-term profit.
I would recommend anyone with limited betting knowledge to subscribe to a value betting software. From this link, you can get an exclusive 50% off your first month at Rebelbetting. This software will provide you with hundreds of value bets, then you can take advantage.
For the record, value betting is simply beating the expected value.
- The true odds of a coin landing on Heads or Tails is 2.00. If one bookie is offering 2.10 on one of these sides, you have found an expected value bet.
- Also, if you can beat the 100% Betting exchange odds, you have found a value bet.
- Suggestion, identify which bookmakers are good judges of various sports/leagues. Convert into a 100% book and seek higher odds.
- Pay particular attention to in-play odds. They are changing all the time, and that creates opportunities which you can leverage.
- If you are privy to team information before the bookmakers get the same, you can bet accordingly.
BETTING BANK & MANAGEMENT
Keep betting and private money separate. Moreover, devise a staking plan, and consider the following:
- Stake size – This could be based on the number of bets and average odds.
- Recommendation – bet more on higher expected value bets and less on lower.
- The higher the odds, the longer the losing run. If using software, take odds of between 1.6 to 3.5
- Schedule staking plan changes. When will you review and reset?
- Be careful not to overreact following losing or winning runs, they are inevitable.
When placing a pre-match bet, it’s a futures trade. For the maximum value, it is important to track the market and bet at the peak. For the most part, beat the closing line and you are ahead of the game. Betting markets are continually evolving. so take on board:
- If the perceived value is gone, forget the bet. As with buses, the next one will be along shortly.
- However, if the odds are borderline, track the market in the hope of a bounce back. Also, what is the in-play line, you could get the opportunity when the match goes live.
- Consider herd effect, punters jumping on the bandwagon! The weight of money taking control doesn’t always reflect true odds.
- Consequently, everything has a price. If you intended betting heads at 2.05, but now tails were those odds, you know what to do!
- Asian lines and Betting exchanges control betting markets, educate yourself!
PROFIT-TAKING – PROFESSIONAL GAMBLING – TIPS ON BECOMING A PRO
Imagine you were a property developer and bought a building from auction for $1 million. If somebody later that day offered you $1.2 million, would you take it? Most people will answer yes, but what if you valued the property at $1.5M? With regards to betting, consider these scenarios:
- Cashout is an absolute rip-off, but it might be possible to manipulate the offer. How, by making the bookie believe your Acca is a coup.
- You have a $1000 on a horse on 10/1, and later that day, it goes to 5/1. If you believe it is a 7/1 shot, take the profit.
- Buy to sell (position taking). If you believe the odds will fall, take what you can and sell off when the odds have dropped.
- Sell to buy (position taking). It works in the reverse, lay early and buy back when the odds drift.
- If any platform is willing to pay more, take it!
HOW TO HANDLE ODDS SLIPPAGE
Depending on perceived odds, it might be acceptable to top up at a few pips less. Think of betting as buying stock, and decide what you are willing to accept? Some examples:
- If someone let you bet heads with a maximum of 1000 at 2.05, take the 0.05 advantage. If the odds drop to 2.03, you still have a 3 pips advantage.
- When betting dynamic odds, before going in again wait for re-alignment.
- Do not place an order with your broker. By revealing your cards, they could sell you short.
- Try the betting exchanges, and request higher odds (inc, commission)
- Decide true odds and only bet when having a perceived advantage.
INVEST IN BEING EFFICIENT – PROFESSIONAL GAMBLING – TIPS ON BECOMING A PRO
Farmers prefer tractors to horses for harvesting their crops. If you are not willing to invest in the right tools, chances are you will be doing a lot of heavy lifting. Professional gambling is all about maximising efficiency. Think about:
- Fast & reliable internet. High line computers, proper workstations, etc.
- Buy-in accurate data. The more you can get at your fingertips, the better your chance.
- Build technology to help with identifying outstanding odds, bet placement, predator bots, and so on.
- Track performance data. Learn your strengths, and identify weaknesses.
- At some stage, consider sports modelling. Betting is a numbers game, meaning more is better.
For most punters, placing a bet means visiting the local betting shop or having an online account! It is not enough to succeed. Think out of the box, and get out of your comfort zone.
- If you are in a country where it is difficult to bet, move to a better location.
- Those who find value in soft-bookmakers need to learn how to open 3rd-party betting accounts.
- Negotiate better terms with betting exchanges (commission) and betting agents (rebate)
- Use bet placers (commission agents) for betting in shops. Also, to circumvent legalities/limits.
- Continually search for new betting outlets. Learn how to network and grow outlets.
Visit our Youtube channel to learn about professional betting – link.
For those with a big ambition, maybe we can offer one-on-one coaching. Please note, that it comes at a charge – firstname.lastname@example.org.